Olive Branch12 Bishopric
Originally known as the "Green Dragon" the pub was re-named "The Olive Branch" after Hall & Woodhouse took over the King & Barnes tied estate in 2000. Situated near the Shelley Fountain, the original building (circa 1449) was timber framed with wattle and daub panels. It was once the centre of administration for the lord of the manor. Recently the pub has become mainly restaurant oriented, retaining a bar, and known as "Cromptons at The Olive Branch". The ale is more expensive than in neighbouring pubs.